Wednesday 8 October 2008

Leisure Indusrty Week

Recently a contingent of Foresight Fitness Personal Trainers made their way down fom across Manchester and Cheshire to the NEC in Birmingham for the annual Leisure Industry Week. The event covers the whole of the leisure industry and sees suppliers and professionals getting together to see the latest products, training courses, and also to attend workshops and talks by some of the industries leading figures.

As always we go down to find out what new products and also what new courses our Personal Training Team may consider to give our clients the very best from their time working with us.

On the course front we had a good look at some of the new offerings from Premier Training which seem very interesting, the one that particularly caught my eye is the new Level 4 qualification in the Management of Low Back Pain. Many of my clients past and present have experienced low back pain and the addition of this qualification would ensure that my personal knowledge is updated. I have also been investigating a number of Premier nutrition courses to complement my Personal Training qualifications, i would like to add on to my basic nutritional qualification with the Diploma in Nutritional Therapy. But as I am sure many of my clients already know I am a learning junkie, so I will have to see where i can fit this in on my CPD plan. If you are interested in my qualifications and CPD plan, they can be seen on my website.

As for products, we have placed orders for some new bowflex dumbbells, if you have not seen them they are a set of adjustable dumbbells that allow the user to select a weight to train with. Very useful for home based training.

We also place an order for a couple of sets of kettlebells, if you have not used these great pieces of strength training kit yet, you are in for a treat. They are awesome. These together with a number of orders for new and updated bits of kit means that the training team will have loads of new toys to play with, making your sessions a bit different.

We also got the chance to listen to a load of great industry speakers. Including the FitPro Business conference, The Wright Forum for Exercise Referral, and REP's.

A great couple of days,

TOM

Tom Godwin – Personal Trainer – Foresight Fitness Services (Personal Training + Corporate Wellbeing) - Manchester and Cheshire, UK

trainer@foresight-fitness.co.uk

www.foresight-fitness.co.uk

No comments: